Nothing makes me happier than being surrounded by family, friends and food. So when my birthday was coming up, I knew that I wanted to do just that. Since my sister would be in town, I wanted something intimate, not too expensive or labor intensive, that would allow us to really enjoy our guests.
Sharing a birthday with Halloween has always been a struggle. As a child, I was always disappointed when my friends would show up to my ninja turtle themed birthday party, dressed as princesses. So, we didn't want to underestimate the importance of setting a theme, minding the details, and DIYing a really special day. The vision was to host an intimate and magical bohemian backyard birthday celebration. With my Pinterest Board ready, and a strong team behind me, we got straight to work researching bohemian dinners, lunches, birthday parties, and the best ways to entertain in your backyard.
Here are some tips for throwing a killer backyard bohemian brunch:
- Send paper invitations!: Everyone loves snail mail, especially when it's not a bill.
And it gives your party a creative/personal touch.
- Flowers for the table: Depending on the theme/season, find fresh flowers or props to line your table's center.
- Comfortable seating: We used these Egyptian Poufs and pallets/burlap to create a rustic look on a low budget.
- Bar Cart: Set out some champagne or a DIY station for your favorite cocktail, and let your guests serve themselves.
- Charcuterie Boards: Not all parties need to be 3 course meals. Laying out charcuterie boards allows you to prepare ahead of time, and your guests to pick at their own pace.