Healthy, easy and packed with nutrition, crispy chickpeas in a mediterranean salad.
Makes: 2 cups
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1/8 tsp turmeric
- 1/8 tsp cayenne
- 1/8 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/8 tsp cumin
- 1/2 cup tomatoes - chopped
- 1/2 cup persian cucumbers - chopped
- 1/2 cup feta
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 1/2 lime
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Line baking sheet with foil, or use a silpat to avoid sticking. Spray with non-stick spray if using foil.
- Rinse chickpeas in water to remove brine. Combine chickpeas in a large bowl with 1 tsp olive oil, 1/4 tsp turmuric, 1/4 tsp cayenne, 1/4 tsp smoked paprika, 1/4 tsp cumin. Bake at 400° for 25 minutes.
- While your chickpeas are roasting, chop tomatoes, persian cucumers, and kalamata olives into small bite size pieces. Break feta into small chunks.
- Add in chickpeas and toss to combine. Drizle with olive oil and lime.
The most important thing to remember when making a salad is to have a respectable 'lettuce' to 'goodie' ratio. That means not overloading with lettuce and having to dig for the toppings at the bottom of the bowl. I avoid this completely by making salads without lettuce! In about 20 minutes, you can roast a can of chickpeas to toasty perfection, and everything else just needs a little chop-chop. I make this salad for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, so it's about time I share it with the world.